Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Maplin - mains transformers

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
I had got half of it together, and a
sales guy from Farnell knocked on the door and offered a catalogue
and account there and then. It was almost as if he must have known.
We never bothered persuing the RS account.

The big advantage of RS was the no minimum quantity order (not that I'm
given to always making small orders). Now they have put a delivery
charge on orders under £20, Farnell might see more business

CPC on the other hand ...

If CPC didn't send me a catalogue, they wouldn't get any orders.

The first one's not a problem, it's when you want a second. They went
away to check that I had a big enough spend with them ... and then said
they'd see if they had any spare

RS on the other hand, always send extras if you ask for them

I really wish they would learn to pack things so they didn't
either burst in transit or packed in such a way they're
guaranteed to be broken on delivery.

Don't, as they say, get me started on that one

or the time a car vacuum cleaner arrived with the rubbish from someone
else's car in it

But I still like
using CPC, and I just can't resist the weekly offer leaflets;
I suspect they are quite a marketing success.

Yes, except that you have to watch out, some of the offers aren't that
good

--
geoff