Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Driver Bits

On 2006-10-28 20:40:13 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Hi All

Any recommendations for decent driver bits No2 Pozi?

I've tried cheap & expensive. Last lot I bought were CK, box of 25 for
about a ?5. Don't last long & then cam out starts.

Some dearer ones seemed brittle - I had a few just shatter.

Makes & suppliers please?

Thinking laterally.....

Have you thought about using Torx screws and bits? These are much
less susceptible to cam out than Pozidriv.

Thinking laterally again.

I wonder why there are no drills that can be set to limit torque to a
constant factor times pressure on the bit.

This way there is not enough torque to cam out the bit.

'cos it would probably require some electronics and sensors that nobody
has really thought about too much yet.

The Festool C12 has a brushless motor and the clutch is achieved
electronically as well, so that is part of the story.