Jeff Wisnia

Default OK, smart guys

Tim Williams wrote:
snipped

The "dryseal" threads are made with a thread form which seals tight

through
minor deformation of the metal parts. They are usually found on brass

parts to
enable that to happen easily.

Would that be the brass 1/4" MPT fittings I use on my propane?

I assume you meant "NPT fittings".

The answer is that the "dryseal" threads are designated as NPTF, with the "F"
originally signifying "fuel", but there's no way I can tell from here if
that's what you've got, you'd have to compare the thread form with the specs.

Jeff

Tim

--
"That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can smile when things are going wrong, you've thought of someone to
blame it on."