Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Maplin - mains transformers

On 2006-10-28 19:10:03 +0100, raden said:

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Simon wrote:
That's an interesting list. I currently order most of my stuff from
Maplin and RS, but I will try some of the others.

I did, but now mainly use Rapid. I don't spend a fortune with them as it's
just a (sometimes) paying hobby. They are generous with their catalogue -
unlike RS.

I find that strange, I've never had any problems getting catalogues out of RS

Me neither. They show up every few months. However, the paper
catalogue is not much better than the current version of the web site.
I find that the search arrangement doesn't seem to work at all well for
a typical search that I want to do. The older one was much easier I
found.