jim

Default OK, smart guys

trPhysicsGenius wrote:

http://physeeks.dyndns.org:8000/ging.../foundry.xhtml

Since I have no welder to attach a plate to a pipe, I got the pipe
nipple and endcap for my Gingery crucible. Got them home, put them
together and poured some water in to get a more exact volume
measurement. Water all over the floor. Now some are suggesting I need
to weld it. I do not, repeat, do not have a welder.

I couldn't tighten the endcap on all the way by hand. If I somehow
managed to get it on all the way, would it be water (and, more
importantly, aluminum) tight? How would I tighten it that far, when the
endcap is about 5 inches across?

take your two pipe wrenches and with the endcap on tne short piece of
pipe you lay the endcap down with the short pipe standing up on a
workbench... then nail the endcap to the workbench with about 15 large
nails.. then take two pipe wrenches and open each one about 1/2 inch and
put them over the sides of the short pipe at 180 apart and then start to
twist the short pipe into the endcap....