Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Tower RF stat

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
fred wrote:
In article , Stuart Noble
writes
Anyone got one of these? They seem to be a lot cheaper than the
others, and I'm wondering if there's a reason for that.

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co....ts_id=50&revie

ws_id=12

Looking to use it with this boiler

http://www.saunier-duval.co.uk/manua...stallation_The

lia23-23e-SB23e.pdf

The instructions look simple enough (page 25) but the boiler has a
built in timer already which I guess is wired the same way as an
external control, and can simply be disconnected.
Thanks for any advice

I have a different model of non-wireless Tower brand stat and it
definitely at
the budget end in terms of intuitive use and temperature switching
with a
less than precise changeover leading to cold and hot swings (flushes?).

It's an area where I'd be inclined to spend a bit more and something
like a
Honeywell model instead. It'll be very annoying if it doesn't work
as you
want it to.

I just installed a pretty expensive sunvic RF stat, and its bloody
brilliant.

Main criteria was ease of use and smallness of stat. They sadly don't
make them in brass and oak, with dials on...theres a business there
for someone..

Sunvic TLX7506 does look pretty easy to use. How complicated was the
wiring at the receiver end?

5 screw terminals. Two for mains and three for a single pole changeover
relay..

wire it up.
Switch it on.
Press 'test' button. Green light comes on and relay clicks. This tests
that you have it the right way round.

Then press all three buttons (IIRC) on the transmitter, hold it near the
receiver, and press install. Lost of flashing lights and they decide to
talk to each other.

stick transmitter somewhere in range.

Job done.

occasionally the red light flickers on the receiver - thats it checking
the transmitter is still there. Bi directional link it would seem.
standard chipset.

When the transmitter calls for heat, a little flame symbol comes on on
that, and the green light on the receiver goes on.

Thanks. I might just go for that one. The Tower seems needlessly complicated