Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Made a mistake

SteveC wrote:
My first time constructing a Recroom. I guess I can't get everything right
the first time.

Anyway, I got the wiring done and proceded onto the Vapor Barrier and
Gyproc. Got halfway done the walls with Gyproc and realized I forgot to
pull the wire for the heater though the vapor Barrier and gyproc!! I really
don't want to ruin a sheet of gyproc to get it out.

What are my options? I kinda remember where it is, it's either in one 16"
length or the one next to it. Can I use that current detector to find it
through the gyproc then cut a small hole to pull it out? I don't have one
buy I could get a loan of my friends.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

--
Steve

Waste the 'rock. You are talking about less than $10 (been a long
while since I bought any). It doesn't even have to be the full sheet.
Or just cut a good sized hole where you need it. Patching a big hole
isn't much more work than patching a small one.

Harry K