Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default roof crevice sealant

Chris Carruth wrote:
Have bad wasp problem - no joke. Nesting inside gaps where roof meets a
vertical surface. Nests are inside and scattered so can't spray. Treating
attic does not work. Any suggestions on how to kill/control them?

I have probably 6 - 8 protected nests, gets worse each year.

My problem is yellow jackets and I've had to caulk with silicone around
light fixtures where they get in wall. If I can, I spray nests
directly with the long distance cans of wasp spray. Not all nests are
used year after year and you can usually safely remove in winter if it
gets cold where you live.