Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Very OT A bad first experience with buying in cyberspace. :(

I promised to post the outcome of my tale of woe and exercise in
stupidity.

After the month of waiting I contacted Master Charge and three days
later got an email from mom with a lame explanation from pop that the
printer was on its way with assurances that things would be made right.
It did finally arrive in its amateurish packing.

As you all said, these old printers are a dime a dozen and if I had done
a little homework or asked here I would not have endured this hassle. I
found an unused one (hp 912c) in its box with extra inks and cable for
$10 at a thrift store. It works perfectly and I haven't even tried the
other one (hp 694) yet.

I kept the long lamented printer as a backup. Translation; to avoid
packing and sending back. Also as a reminder of good advice that I had
forgotten. "When you know nothing about a thing, get some info or
competant advice before buying it".

Thanks for your kind offers to help and for your good advice .....and
for refraining from 'getting back' at a COC with some well deserved
scorn and derision! Guess I didn't learn much from buying that HF
independent 4 jaw chuck.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter