Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Moth damage & prevention thereof

"Homer2911" wrote in message
ups.com...

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Homer2911 wrote:
My all-wool suit has moth damage on the lapel!

I have examined my other clothes, and there is no sign (yet!) af any
other damage - trust the little buggers to go for the best suit I have.

Any recommendations for prevention of moth damage, apart from the
obvious one of naptha balls?

Put it in a plastic bag, then put it in the deep freeze.

Please be more specific - should I put the suit or the moth in the deep
freeze?

If there are any moth eggs remaining (it's possible) they won't survive
freezing, you should put the whole garment in the freezer. A few days will
do it - but then to be sure you'll have to do it fairly often because there
will still be adult (egg-laying) moths lurking, looking for a suitable
labour wardrobe :-)

Mary