Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthona Anthona is offline

Default Weird thermostat situation

Lately, at various times, I would have to get up early in the morning,
to manipulate my thermostat, because the heat did not come on at
prescribed time...4:45am. the battery is not dead, there is no icon
indicating such. The times are correct..so I thought it cannot be the
batteries..2 AA type. I would clik on the up temperature button to hear
the click of the furnace coming on and then it runs smoothly. This did
not happen daily, only other day or so. Plumber said i have to replace
a section on the furnace for $200 dollars. Then I called the thermostat
company its the TX500 programmable unit. The tech suggested that I
replace the batteries, even if there is no indication of weakness. I
did, and it so far has set up the furnace to come on as prescribed.
Now, although the old batteries were setting the times right and the
temperatures, why should it effect the so called 'switch' of the burner
to come on when its suppose to?