Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Whilst falling back this weekend

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:16:03 -0400, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:26:23 -0500, GWB wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:04:14 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:28:34 -0500, GWB wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:15:50 GMT, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

don't forget to change the batteries on your smoke/CO alarms.*

Rats! I hate losing DST.

I wish they'd do away with the whole stupid thing (DST), and stop
playing mind games twice a year.

Only if they go with DST all year; I'd rather have it half the time
than not at all.

So you'd rather have the confusion that comes from messing with your
clocks twice a year, for no actual benefit?

There is a benefit. In the summer it's not light at 3:00AM. In
the winter it is light at 7:00AM.

What's different is what you CALL 3:00AM. If you don't like it getting
light while you're in bed, you could always go to bed earlier (and so
get up earlier). That's what you're doing now, just fooling yourself
into thinking otherwise.

Why do you think you're changing the Earth's axial tilt by resetting
your clock? Apparently, you think writing "home" on a map of Australia
is equivalent to moving there. It makes as much sense as this DST
junk.

There is VERY LITTLE difference between "DST all the time", amid "no
DST at all".

Bull****. You apparently confuse easily.

The problem is that I did NOT get confused by this DST nonsense, and
you are unable to tell the difference.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"How could you ask be to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster