Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Derek ^ Derek ^ is offline

Default icemaker problem

On 27 Oct 2006 09:56:04 -0700, wrote:

Deke wrote:

Try slightly raising the temperature in the freezer, if its adjustable. It
may be that having the temp cranked very low may cause the motor/fingers to
turn slower, and the supercold surface may flash freeze the cubes to the
tray edge.

Last batch, the fingers were stuck IN the ice, went to the appliance
parts store, they said it was probably something to do with the temp
sensor or the heater, told me there aren't any replaceable parts in a
modular icemaker anyway, far as I could see, that's true ...]

{snip}

Could have been worn or missing teeth at some point in the gearbox to
cause the fingers to lose drive just at that crucial moment. :-(

DG