Posted to rec.woodworking
Jordan Jordan is offline

Default hard to move belt on craftsman drill press

Thanks all...

I only see the one lock knob, as the other side is set up more as a hinge.
The belt came with the DP and was installed (I think). So I guess the
trick will be to go from big to small, and try not to catch my fingers

Thanks again.

Jordan

"j" wrote in message
I have a Craftsman Benchtop 10" drill press (pretty new if that has any
effect on your answer). When I attempt to change the speed by moving the
belts, it is quite a struggle. I loosen the knob and push the motor
forward (doesn't go very far) and have to really work the belt to get it
off. Usually I end up crunching my fingers a few times between the belt and
the spindle.

Is there a trick? Will this loosen over time? An easier kind of belt?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jordan

Remove _nospam from my email to email me directly......