Posted to rec.woodworking
JimR JimR is offline

Default Wood filler

This also sounds like a candidate for painting. For a moulding I painted
the overall molding with a semi-gloss, that added a gold paint over the
decorative grooves. I used a small brush to make sure the grooves were
filled, then used a rag to wipe off all of the gold glaze except that
trapped in the grooves. The gold color grooves really sets off the deep red
wood of the frame -- and you could go the opposite direction, with a
light-colored wood and dark red (or other dark color) glaze in the grooves.
Regards --

"Dave" wrote in message
.. .
I am making a picture frame that has three kerf grooves about 1/8" into the
frames. The plan calls for an inlay of a contrasting wood. I don't have
the right tools to make the inlays of wood and don't want to spend the
money on the wood for such a small project. My thoughts originally was
just to leave the kerf cut there as an accent detail, but after looking at
it and much thought I was thinking of using a dark walnut woodfiller in
the
kerf cut grooves. Any thoughts on this? Will this stand the test of time
and last a lifetime? What else do I need to consider with this idea? Any
suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Dave

If anybody wants I could post a Pic of the project so you could get a
better idea of my problem ( concern )