Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
C. Massey C. Massey is offline

Default What's a good older washing machine brand/model?

"Mike T." wrote in message
reenews.net...
Kenmore IS the Sears BRAND even though it is manufactured by someone
else.

If you like Kenmore, that's great. To call Kenmore a brand however, is
(at worst) a bald-faced lie, and at best very misleading. To say that
Kenmore is a brand of appliances is like saying that "Geo" was a brand of
automobiles. If I tore off all the Ford emblems and stuck a "Mikey"
sticker on my car, would that mean that my car was Mikey brand??? Heck
no. That's why it's ridiculous to state that Kenmore is a brand of
appliances. For about the thousandth time, there is no company called
"Kenmore" that manufactures appliances. Never was, probably never will
be. -Dave

I never said that there was a company named Kenmore, did I?

OK... I'll bite... Why wasn't Geo a "brand"?