Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default dryer - no heat - 240V

Tony Hwang wrote:
Paul wrote:

I have a 1 yr old frigidaire dryer that suddenly has no heat. I replaced
the 40amp breaker with a new Siemens 40amp but still no luck. I've
acquired a analog multi-meter and the voltage is correct on the outlet
as it should be. This is an older house with a breaker panel and no fuse
box so what else should I be looking for at this point?

Hmmm,
Logic tells me to look at the safety(Over heat) limit sensor first. Then
heating element. You are working BACKWARD! No wiring diagam on the dryer?

Just a quibble, but I'd go at it _expecting_ the element to be gone and
only when that turns out not to be the case go to anything else.

W/ the electric dryer, when symptom is no heat but drum turns---don't
recall it ever being anything else over some 40 years.