Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ground wire for dual fuel kitchen stove

Steve Lambert wrote:
Thanks you Group for the help.

"Steve Lambert" wrote in message
Just installed a dual fuel (gas/220)stove in the kitchen, works perfectly.
My 220 had three #8 wires Black / White / Red, no ground. Back of stove
show a 4 wire hook-up ground being connect just below center white wire. I
did not install a ground as I only had three wire. Question: should I be
concerned about not having it grounded.
Question: Should I run a ground wire from frame of stove to ground.

Thanks in advance

be certain to run new ground wire back to electrical panel DONT ground
to water pipe! Thats just or more dangerous, someone can get killed
taking a shower