Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie M. 1958 Charlie M. 1958 is offline

Default Name that join

wrote:
Charlie M. 1958 wrote:
I thought the main reason for using these things was that screws don't
hold well in particle board. If your project is real wood, why not just
use traditional screws?

I could. But the reason I was planning on using these is to eliminate
the "loosening" factor of threads after each disassembly of components.

Sorry, I read your original post quickly and missed the fact that you
were planning on frequent disassembly.

I've always found these fasteners work very well in KD furniture I've
had to put together. I don't see any reason not to use them.