Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tower RF stat

fred wrote:
In article , Stuart Noble
writes
Anyone got one of these? They seem to be a lot cheaper than the others,
and I'm wondering if there's a reason for that.

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co....ts_id=50&revie

ws_id=12

Looking to use it with this boiler

http://www.saunier-duval.co.uk/manua...stallation_The

lia23-23e-SB23e.pdf

The instructions look simple enough (page 25) but the boiler has a built
in timer already which I guess is wired the same way as an external
control, and can simply be disconnected.
Thanks for any advice

I have a different model of non-wireless Tower brand stat and it definitely at
the budget end in terms of intuitive use and temperature switching with a
less than precise changeover leading to cold and hot swings (flushes?).

It's an area where I'd be inclined to spend a bit more and something like a
Honeywell model instead. It'll be very annoying if it doesn't work as you
want it to.

I just installed a pretty expensive sunvic RF stat, and its bloody
brilliant.

Main criteria was ease of use and smallness of stat. They sadly don't
make them in brass and oak, with dials on...theres a business there for
someone..