Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaking steel pipe - how to fix

"Dave" wrote in message
I have a leaking steel pipe that supplies warm water to radiators in my
house.

A plumber dropped by and said it would be easiest to cut the bad part away
and
weld a replacement. The pipe is about 2 inches thick.

The replacement is about two feet.

The plumber gave me a quote of about $2000 which I promptly refused.

Plumber is right, but the price is outrageous. Getting a welder out to the
house is a couple of hundred bucks though. I'd replace the entire pipe.
If one small section is leaking, the rest of the ipe is probably in bad
shape also. Find a better plumber.