Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
[email protected] nicksanspam@ece.villanova.edu is offline

Default Insulation under flat roofs

JFM wrote:

The rafters run from the inside wall and rest upon (and extend beyond)
the outside wall. There is plywood decking with rubber roof on top. No
soffit yet. So it is completely open between the rafters from the
soffit area, above the walls, to the inside. I will insulate the
inside room area between the rafters. I will have vinyl soffit and
facia applied later, and the soffit, will, natrually, be vented.

Sounds OK, with a vapor barrier below the insulation on the inside.

Nick