Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bridgerfafc@yahoo.com is offline

Default hard to move belt on craftsman drill press

j wrote:
I have a Craftsman Benchtop 10" drill press (pretty new if that has any
effect on your answer). When I attempt to change the speed by moving the
belts, it is quite a struggle. I loosen the knob and push the motor forward
(doesn't go very far)

would the motor go further back? perhaps your belt is a little too
short.

and have to really work the belt to get it off.
Usually I end up crunching my fingers a few times between the belt and the
spindle.

Is there a trick? Will this loosen over time? An easier kind of belt?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jordan