Posted to rec.woodworking

Default hard to move belt on craftsman drill press

In article ,
j wrote:
I have a Craftsman Benchtop 10" drill press (pretty new if that has any
effect on your answer). When I attempt to change the speed by moving the
belts, it is quite a struggle. I loosen the knob and push the motor forward
(doesn't go very far) and have to really work the belt to get it off.
Usually I end up crunching my fingers a few times between the belt and the
spindle.

Is there a trick? Will this loosen over time? An easier kind of belt?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jordan

Remove _nospam from my email to email me directly......

Not familiar with your precise model of DP, but is it possible that
the belt tension is just set up too tight?

--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland -