Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Wood filler

"Dave" wrote:

I am making a picture frame that has three kerf grooves about 1/8"

into the
frames. The plan calls for an inlay of a contrasting wood. I

don't have
the right tools to make the inlays of wood and don't want to spend the
money on the wood for such a small project. My thoughts originally was
just to leave the kerf cut there as an accent detail, but after

looking at
it and much thought I was thinking of using a dark walnut

woodfiller in
the
kerf cut grooves. Any thoughts on this? Will this stand the test

of time
and last a lifetime? What else do I need to consider with this

idea? Any
suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Colored epoxy.

Lew