Ted Edwards

Default Band saws for wood and metal

wrote:

I would like to purchase a band saw in the $1000 price range capable
of cutting both wood and metal.

May I suggest two saws. The infamous "$200" 4x6" metal saws are really
quite good and seem to be readily available on sale for considerably
less than $200. That would leave you $800 which probably more than you
need for a pretty decent wood cutting bandsaw.

The idea of doing woodwork and metalwork in the same room scares me
spitless! Consider grinder sparks landing in that pile of sawdust you
missed sweeping up yesterday. Also, I've not been overly impressed with
the one-saw-does-all products.

Ted