Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Mark Mark is offline

Default What's a good older washing machine brand/model?

wrote:
Doc wrote:
I'm probably going to have to get another washing machine since my ancient
Hotpoint has munched a seal and lubricant is leaking out.

A local appliance shop has a number of refurb'd top loader washers of
various brands - Roper, Maytag, Kenmore, Kitchenaide, Whirlpool, RCA, GE.

I have GE Heavy duty top loader washer thats been running 33 years. I
repaired the timer once, replaced the pump once, and repired a split
hose once. It uses the reversing motor design mentioned above.

Mark