Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
chuckster chuckster is offline

Default Looking for HOME-REPAIR/REBUILDING SITES for rating contractors LOCALLY

Check out: www.MySturdyBuiltGarage.com Read the tips section,
good info!

Alan Sung wrote:
"Seerialmom" wrote in message
oups.com...

John~

wrote:
In article . com, 50
SOMETHING GAL wrote:

Hmm. Just found this:
http://www.angieslist.com

Anyone used this site?

Naw--it's constantly spammed to the usenet.

Nobody uses sites that are "recommended" by spammers.

I considered checking Angieslist after I saw the "ad" in our local
newspaper. But that consideration changed to "nevermind" when I saw
you had to pay to see the comments and recommendations. And of course
they don't mention that on the ad.

They use the same model that Consumer Reports does which is that they don't
accept advertising to remain neutral and unbiased. As a result, you have to
pay to read the recommendations. Sounds reasonable to me, but it does
present a barrier to entry for most casual browsers.

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA