Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Removing Home Heating Oil From Tank

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:22:12 GMT, "Mikey S." wrote:

Buckets?

You can probably disconnect the oil line from where it was connected to the
furnace, and using the existing valve to control the flow drain it via
gravity into a tray or shallow pail, and pour the pails into some larger
buckets or gerry cans that you can use to transport the oil to your house.
Then pour it into yours. Might take a while to move 50 or 100 gallons that
way but at $2 a gallon it's probably worth the time.

Except that his friend can sell the oil to an oil company for I think
1.50 or more a gallon. I'm pretty sure they don't even go into the
house.

Just be very neat, and make sure you can control the flow with a valve
before you disconnect anything.