Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Ice Build Up In Freezer

On 26 Oct 2006 06:27:52 -0700, "Dick" wrote:

I have a Frigidaire model FRS23KR4A side by side refrigerator with ice
maker. I get ice build up behind the inside panels on the freezer side.
There is a fan behind this panel and when the ice builds up it becomes
very loud. I take the ice maker and the panels off and remove the ice
and it is ok for a couple of weeks. Can anyone give me an idea of what
is causing this problem?

imho:

When ever I get some type of locallized frost build up, I suspect an
air leak. Is there something preventing the door from closing fully?

I typcially clean the seals and check them for tightness.

hth,

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com