Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Heathkit Weather Computer Model ID 5001C

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 15:37:41 -0500, w9gb wrote:
"Joe in Tennessee" wrote in message
oups.com...
My weather station has been fully functional for many years, but the
wind direction and velocity has stopped working. I suspect one or more
of the IR diodes and/or the photo transistors have failed. I have been
unable to locate replacement parts or to cross-reference the original
part numbers.
The diodes are TIL-32 and the transistors are TIL-78.
I would appreciate any information on where I might find these parts or
where I might cross- reference them to an available substitute.
Thanks in advance to anyone who responds to this request.

Joe -

There are active Heath WX station groups on the Internet.
This is a common part failure - IF you have had a nearby lightning strike -
not necessarily direct (surge alone).

PLEASE bookmark the following information in your computer's browser for
future reference !

The ID-5001 WX station is actually still made and supported by Forecast
Technologies
Forecast Technologies
29119 Monterey Ct.
Santa Nella, CA. 95322
http://www.webbcon.com/forecasttech/products.html
[ID-5001 Weather Computer]

865.983.0691

You can order that exact part (and any other repair part that you may need)
from Forecast Technologies (current mfg. and support for the 5001)
http://www.webbcon.com/forecasttech/parts.html

Any of the standard large parts mail-order houses should this part or a
cross reference in stock

Mouser
http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=home

DigiKey
http://www.digikey.com/

Allied Electronics
http://www.alliedelec.com/

Newark / InOne
http://www.newark.com/

---
w9gb

--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
*** Killfiling google posts: http//jonz.net/ng.htm