Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson Dave Jackson is offline

Default hard to move belt on craftsman drill press

On my 15" Craftsman DP, there are two knobs, one on each side of the
housing, that need loosened before the motor is pushed. Maybe yours has two
knobs that need loosened as well? --dave
"Leon" wrote in message
m...

"j" wrote in message
I have a Craftsman Benchtop 10" drill press (pretty new if that has any
effect on your answer). When I attempt to change the speed by moving the
belts, it is quite a struggle. I loosen the knob and push the motor
forward (doesn't go very far) and have to really work the belt to get it
off. Usually I end up crunching my fingers a few times between the belt
and the spindle.

Is there a trick? Will this loosen over time? An easier kind of belt?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jordan

Remove _nospam from my email to email me directly......

Spin the pulleys when pushing the belt to a smaller size pulley