Posted to rec.woodworking
Gary Gary is offline

Default A gloat at Sears?!?!

"brianlanning" wrote

I'd buy another ryobi tool before craftsman.

Who do you think is building a lot of the tools for Craftsman these days?
Table saws, hand tools? Yup: Ryobi.

I shake my head when I see/hear people babbling that Craftsman is Crappe:
Fact is that "Craftsman" doesn't make tools... They're rebadged Deltas, B&D,
Ryobis, Bosch, etc., etc......

Not too long ago there was a brouhaha in here about a bunch of (economy) 14"
bandsaws. All had their passionate champions and detractors. Funny thing was
that most of the saws being discussed all came off the same line in China:
The only difference was in the logos on the wheel covers.

Like all predjudices, this supposed hatred of all things Craftsman is born
in ignorance.

Wanna say something that makes sense? Say that Sears charges way too much
for most of their Craftsman products, and if you don't wait until they're on
sale (big time) before you buy, well, you're stupid.

_That_ would be true.

Cheers!

Gary