Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning brianlanning is offline

Default A gloat at Sears?!?!

B A R R Y wrote:
Don't be so sure...

I'm not at all sure. I just grabbed a link from amazon. :-)

I had that (2) copies of that grinder, one via warranty. It was an
unmitigated piece of crap, barely suitable for lawn mower blades. The
speed control failed with barely 10 hours of use, the shafts had runout,
and the tool rests stunk. About the only useable part was the lamp! 8^(
I finally got a used Baldor, now I can grind tools!

But was it better than the craftsman? ;-)

The small delta tools I've had have been hit or miss. The drill press
I have has been great. So was the lunchbox planer. The benchtop
tablesaw was ok for what it was, which wasn't much. The benchtop
bandsaw and jointer were utter garbage. The delta 10" miter saw has
been ok, but hard to adjust and keep adjusted. It likes to deflect on
miter cuts also. It worked flawlessly when I cut all the 2x4s to
finish my basement though. As mortermer said, it's nice to have a
light-weight one around to carry to job sites if you need it. Having
said all that, the 12" PC miter saw is spectacular. I can actually see
myself cutting miters with it.

brian