Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Tim is offline

Default A gloat at Sears?!?!

"brianlanning" wrote in message
oups.com...
George Max wrote:
Sorry to pee in your Cheerios, but Craftsman tools aren't much of a
bargain even if they're free.

I have to agree. He could have done this:

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-GR275-Va...6?ie=UTF8&s=hi

and this:

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-SM100M-1...6?ie=UTF8&s=hi

The miter saw is a bit more, but it's 10" and probably a lot better
than the craftsman. I have an older version of this miter saw. It's
not great, but it does the job.

Well, lets see... my grinder is 8" rather than 6", it has a slower bottom
speed, and a more powerful motor; all for $8 less. Yeah, I think I pick the
better one. (Sears has one identical to the Delta 6" for $50.)

The Delta miter saw is twice the price and too large for what wanted. Hmm.
I think I chose correctly.

You guys are just jealous because you don't get gloats. (I bought a $500
leaf blower off craigslist for $50 last week. Kinda old, but starts on the
first pull. Anyone want to try to tear that one down? Or maybe the
parachute I bought at a garage sale for $18 and sold on ebay for $360? Or
the 200bf of oak I bought on ebay for $1. Or the exercise machine I found
in the street waiting for trash pickup that I sold on ebay for $450?)