Posted to rec.woodworking
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default A gloat at Sears?!?!

George Max wrote:
As much as I love my RAS it is a lousy miter saw; but I don't have room for
a miter saw. Sears has a 7.25" on sale for $80. I figure I can stick it on
the shelf below the RAS.

Ordinarily I'm a proponent of buying tools you can grow into since I've ****ed
away so much money in the past buying what I needed for today, only to find it
wasn't enough tool for tomorrow's project. That being said, if that little
miter saw can cut 2X4s, it'll be quite a bit handier to take to the small jobs
around the house than that great big 12" Dewalt I own. Even with its rolling
stand and work supports, it's a horse. I really end up thinking about whether
it's worth my time to set it up for small jobs. He'll do better with his little
one. If the work is bigger, he's no worse off than before... he still has his
RAS.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com