Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max George Max is offline

Default A gloat at Sears?!?!

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:22:18 GMT, "Tim" wrote:

I am just learning to turn, and thought a slow 8" grinder would be nice to
sharpen gouges. Sears has one on sale for $100.

As much as I love my RAS it is a lousy miter saw; but I don't have room for
a miter saw. Sears has a 7.25" on sale for $80. I figure I can stick it on
the shelf below the RAS.

Good buys, but I don't "really" need them. Then I get an email that online
orders are 10% off. Can't resist. But when I order them they come up as
$70 and $58!

So, I got $210 worth of tools for $128. Not a huge gloat, but from Sears...

Sorry to pee in your Cheerios, but Craftsman tools aren't much of a
bargain even if they're free.