Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek ^ Derek ^ is offline

Default The Stand- By demon

On 26 Oct 2006 18:05:58 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:18:40 UTC, "dcbwhaley" wrote:

Owain wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
The fuel cost is fairly small. You get about 150Mwh of electricity for
1Kg of uranium.
A price I found from 2005 was about 30 pounds a kilo.
This as a component of the price is .02 pence per kilowatt-hour.

That's almost so cheap it wouldb't be worth metering ;-)

You are showing your age :-). I bet you remeber Zeta too.

I remember reading an article. Practical Mechanics or Wireless World, I
believe..

One of the ZETA team went to the same school (Wyther Park, Leeds) as I
did, it was dutifully announced to us in assembly.

The project was totally off-beam, it turned out they hadn't been
measuring what they thought they'd been measuring (Some resonance or
other or events being counted muliple times, details are sparce), and
what they claimed had been happening, hadn't been happening. :-(

Oh, and they didn't announce that in assembly either. :-(

Oddly enough the Science Museum website claims :

"The first successful experiments were carried out in August 1957"

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/on-l...ion/famous.asp

Best sell my lecky meter on EBAY then and get in before the rush. ;-)

I have to say the British Establishment really takes the biscuit. It
takes some brass neck to imply in 2001 in the midst of an energy
shortage, that that the ZETA fusion project was successful in 1957.

DG