Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] adamtanderson@gmail.com is offline

Default do you clean dryer vent?

ap wrote:
Hello,
we are noticing that the dryer takes a bit longer than usual,
we always clean the lint filter that plugs into the dryer.
I was wondering if others clean their dryer vents that lead
to the outside of the house?

If so, can this be diy or is too hard? We are not handy types.

If you have any web links on how to do it, please send them.

Thanks!

Cleaning the dryer vent is not hard do a search for "dryer lint trap
brush" for the tool.

Befor you do that I would try cleaning the lint trap with warm soapy
water and a toothbrush. Dryer sheets leave a fill that builds up over
time and decreases air flow. That may be your problem

http://www.happyslob.com/linttrap.html