Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default do you clean dryer vent?

"ap" writes:

Hello,
we are noticing that the dryer takes a bit longer than usual,
we always clean the lint filter that plugs into the dryer.
I was wondering if others clean their dryer vents that lead
to the outside of the house?

If so, can this be diy or is too hard? We are not handy types.

If you have any web links on how to do it, please send them.

It's easy--you buy a vent cleaning kit - a round brush and a long
flexible extendable shaft. Home Depot and Sears have em iirc. Just
ask for a dryer vent cleaning kit.

If you ask your local fire department who knows where dryer fires make
up a frightening spot on the list of house fire causes, they'll tell
you to do this maintenance annually, and make sure you don't have any
of that plasticized flex crap on your dryer duct.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/