Default Band saws for wood and metal

I would like to purchase a band saw in the $1000 price range capable
of cutting both wood and metal. I've found some information on two
possibilities: Wilton's 14-inch 8201 Tradesman band saw and
Craftsman's 15-inch wood and metal band saw, but I haven't seen either
saw and I don't know anything about Wilton's reputation. I'd
appreciate recommendations for other saws that might work and any
information others have about the Wilton and Craftsman saws. Among
the things that would be helpful are knowing where the saws are made
(Taiwan, PRC, etc.), whether speed change uses gears or belts, and how
the saws compare to JET band saws in general quality and features.

Thanks for the help.