Bob Chilcoat

Default Problem: Squirrel in Fireplace Insert!

Reminds me of the mouse we had at a friend's summer cottage that got thrown
across the room and slammed into a wall by the mousetrap it was climbing
over to get at the bait. Stunned it pretty bad, but it scampered into the
woodpile next to the fireplace before I could dispatch it. Must have
suffered some brain damage, though. An hour later or so it reappeared on
top of the woodpile, and just watched as my friend administered a
coup-de-grace with his shoe.

If it is a gray squirrel, he will probably remember what
happened, he will steer clear of your place. If it is a red
squirrel, you have my permission to do what ever you choose to
the little b*****d.

Something like this?
http://www.scarysquirrel.org/special/movies/longjump/
(I've always loved that one.)