Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rob offers his apologies.

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

But, of course, he *can't* make that speech even if he believed it.
His political opponents - who care only about seizing power - will
use it as ammunition to undermine his remaining presidential years
and his political party.**It*makes*no*difference*that*a*speech*like
this would be good for our entire nation and the West broadly.**The
Democrats have amply demonstrated that their interest is not liberty
or even the good of their own nation, but their own callow need for
power...

As opposed to the Republicans, whose need for power is not callow?

C'mon Tim, they're all a bunch of assholes. The system is broken, assuming it
ever worked as intended. Wasn't the first George the one who warned against
the evils of political parties?

Other than that, I find myself in agreement with a large part of your response
(but not all).

I leave you with two quotes from my favorite political pundit, Will Rogers
(and I may not have the wording exactly right, but the meaning is there):

"Anyone who wants to be elected shouldn't be."

"The Democrats want to take my money and give it to the poor. The Republicans
want to take my money and give it to the rich. If I can't keep it, I'd just
as soon it went to the poor."

--
It's turtles, all the way down