Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doki Doki is offline

Default Couch computer design ideas request

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
For years I had a borrowed laptop next to the settee.
It was a Dell Latitude - very light - only 1.2 kg.
It was really useful for casual web-browsing and looking up things when
doing the crossword - without going into the study to use the desktop
machine.

The laptop has now gone back to the friend it was borrowed from
and I'm wondering about various options.

I could buy a laptop - but I have a couple of old desktops - and wondered
about using one of them - set up in such a way as to be as convenient as
the laptop was.

How about a small 15" TFT monitor on a swinging arm that could be at the
side of the settee and swing in front when needed?

The computer case could be hidden away behind the settee.

Is there a wireless keyboard that contains a glide pad or trackball?

Any design ideas will be welcomed and appreciated.

The Logitech Trackman trackballs are great. I'd put that and a keyboard on a
board and attach it to the TFT...