Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Bemier Joe Bemier is offline

Default How do I align my table saw blade parallel to my miter slot?

On 25 Oct 2006 23:11:41 -0700, wrote:

Hello all,
on my Delta table saw 36-979 it offers the following advice for
aligning the miter slots to the blade.

On page 24 of the delta manual for table saw model 36-979 the
adjustment for the blade parallel to the miter slot is not working for
me.

In figure 68 it says to loosen 2 hex bolts B that hold the rear
trunnion C and pound trunnion C until the blade is centered in the
table insert. I pounded that thing for 10 minutes and it did not budge
once. The front of the blade is skewed inward slightly (1/32 to 1/16)
compared to the rear of the blade and it is nowhere near the center of
the table insert. What am I doing wrong that I cannot budge this
trunnion? Please offer help if you have had this problem before.

Thanks.

I guess you should be OK if what you are doing is described in the
manual.
However, FWIW, the blade should be aligned to the fence and then the
slot to the blade.
Do not align the blade to the slot (as in your subject line)
Maybe its just the arrangement of terms.