Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Moss on Roof

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:49:33 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Reason I ask. The client is a pensioner living in a bungalow and the
gutters block with moss every few months.
I don't want to keep going back to clear them every couple of months so I'm
after a semi permanant solution.

If I completely remove all the moss it will be quite a big job so I'd like
it to last as long as possible.

AFAIK they say a wire is too little, and to use a strip of copper flashing. More
surface area, hence more leaching.

I have used a solution of a few tablespoons of copper sulphate in a two-gallon
sprayer. Spray it on the moss, wait a few weeks for it to turn black, and then
get it off.

Thomas Prufer