Posted to alt.home.repair
bob kater bob kater is offline

Default Little hot water from the shower faucet

thats what I told him originally. I work at a hotel and its 99% of our
problems and we use the same valve or one like it. we alway have a dozen
soaking even though the spool is stainless.
"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On 25 Oct 2006 12:23:14 -0700, "dave" wrote:

I didn't see anything like what you describe. Should it be obvious as
to where it is? I don't know the age of this fixture so I don't know
if it was such features as anti-scald.

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 25 Oct 2006 08:37:08 -0700, "ddeboer"
wrote:

You just checked the LEAST likely cause. Now go back and check the
anti-scald spool. There are also "screw" adjustments for balancing hot
and cold water volume. They are located in the horizontal part of the
casting, as is the anti-scald chamber.

CWM

From what you described originally, you have the bog standard Delta
anti-scald
shower fixture. If you remove the plastic knob, and the large round 6"
bezel
behind it, (two screws) you will have access to the whole enchilada. To
the left
of center will be a short valve stem with a slot in the end for a
screwdriver.
That's one of the water valves, on the right of center will be another of
the
same thing. One is hot water and the other is cold. On the right side
there is
also a "bulge" that has a screw-in cap. Inside that cap is the anti-scald
spool
that gets stuck. Remove the cap, extract the spool and drop it in a cup of
vinegar for an hour. It needs to be able to move about completely freely
in the
chamber.

CWM