Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

Default OT - Gunner Quote - for Gunner and all the Gunnettes

"Ed Huntress" writes:

However, economic growth measured as money is not something
economists tend to care much about.

I beg your pardon, Tom, but it is *indeed* something economists care much
about.

Touché -- oversimplification on my part there, colored by the fact
that I, personally, find long-term trends and effects much more
interesting. (And, in the case of China as an evolving economy, I'd
contend that the long-term effects are much more important than the
immediate ones.) Besides, you were being deliberately obtuse in your
exchange with the other Tom, weren't you? ;-)

OBmetal: my new 7x12 is on a slow boat from China right now! :-)

Watch out for sand pockets in the castings. g And good luck with it.

Thanks -- I will. Based on what I've heard and read, I think I'll
take it apart completely, and clean and lube everything, before I
start using it. mini-lathe.com will be my friend! :-)

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901