Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Jonny Jonny is offline

Default Residential service entrance power drop repair?

"John E." wrote in message
news.net...
DT:

I installed a new, taller mast and meter base a few feet over from my old
one. The power company came by in the morning and unhooked me, they work
HOT.

I swapped the new setup into the main panel and got the city electrical
inspector to check it and tagged it "OK to reconnect". Then the power
company

came back and rewired it.

You need to have everything scheduled with the inspector and power crew.
They

*will not* hook back up without the tag from the inspector, at least in
my
community.

Thank you for your reply. It seems that the answer to my question that the
power util guy didn't give is that they will disconnect HOT and reconnect
HOT
after I've installed the new wire and hardware and gotten the inspection
done.

I misstated: the conductors go from the weatherhead to the meter base,
mounted on the wall below the eaves of the roof.

To the "moms" that replied: don't worry, the work is well within my skill
set
(I do electrical repair of large 3-phase machines such as printing
presses)
and do not want to touch any hot lines.

Thanks to all,
--
John English

Please don't reply with important information regarding the question itself
if you found the solution. Its insulting.
--
Jonny