robgraham

Default Pitched roof angle

"Trevor Smith" wrote in message
Could anyone tell me the minimum angle for a pitched, slated roof. We

have
a flat felted kitchen roof at present and I'd like to change it to a
pitched, lean-to, type roof for better looks and relaibility. Also, does
location matter - we're in a seaside town on Cornwall where you tend to

get
horizontal rain!

I built an extension where the roof had to have a very shallow pitch - about
10 degrees. It was slated, but under the slates was felt laid in the normal
way. On top of the felt were vertical laths with horizontal laths nailed
across to take the slates. This way no nails went through the felt and the
thing has been perfect so far (10 years).

Rob Graham